Hope no one was late for work today - alarm volume

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by USF813, Sep 20, 2017.

1. USF813, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017

USF813 macrumors regular

So I literally just barely woke up thanks to an insanely low volume from the alarm clock after updating to iOS 11 last night.

It’s on full volume but hardly any sound comes out. Guess I’m stopping by Walmart tonight to buy an alarm clock.

And I went from 100% to 84% battery power in 14 minutes. Played a video for 10 seconds, that’s it! iPhone 6 here.

2. darkmatter343 macrumors regular

my alarm was loud as usual, I did the iOS 11 upgrade on my 7 last night.

3. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

Strange. My alarm has been the same through all the betas and the last week.

4. Mefisto macrumors 6502a

Mefisto

It seems OP has a lot of people depending on his alarm. While at Walmart, consider bying several for those other folks as well!

I woke up just fine with mine, that blared at the level it's supposed to. Deafening.

5. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

No issues for me with the 2 alarms I have set on my iPhone 7 Plus, both were at the normal level.

6. USF813 thread starter macrumors regular

I see iOS 11 hasn’t updated the ability for individuals to graduate from childhood to adulthood. Move along,
    I don’t own your basement dwelling drama.

7. KGB7 Suspended

KGB7

Lol...... thanks for the laugh.

8. Mefisto macrumors 6502a

Mefisto

No drama, just a knee-jerk reaction to some people's habit of automatically generalizing issues they themselves may have. It happens a lot on here, as I'm sure you're aware.

Uncalled for? Perhaps. Didn't mean to strike any particular nerve. You have a good one.

9. aristobrat macrumors G5

10. BulkHedd macrumors 6502

BulkHedd

I can't be sure, but I think after the update, my "change with buttons" switch was turned off and the ringer and alerts volume was pretty low. Maybe you should check that.

11. Mike Reed macrumors regular

Same thing happened to me this morning. I thought the alarm didn’t go off until I heard it go off faintly while I was carrying it down the hall. Thankfully while I woke up later than with the alarm, there was still just enough time to get to work.

I’ll have to poke at the volume controls to see which volume is turned down.