Hope someone can answer about data plan and some iphone ?s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacChinoNyc, Jun 7, 2010.

1. MacChinoNyc macrumors 6502

I had the iphone 3gs earlier this year and because of having to jailbreak and battery being awful I went back to the blackberry bold 9700. Now this iphone is looking much better, and I've been recently considering going to the android platform.

So I have questions in case I want to make the move and buy the new iphone. With At&t changing their data plans, and as I have the unlimited data plan since January.

1. If I was to get the iphone full retail price and just switch sims card would I be able to use it and keep my unlimited data plan until my contract runs out?
    Dont forget I am currently using a blackberry bold 9700.

2. Any advancements with google voice and the iphone. I use this so much everyday.

3. Now that flash is pretty much dead on the iphone, what do you guys do with sites that require flash and there are quite a few of them and entertaining. Any way to use another browser to view flash on the iphone?

These are just questions to help me decide. TIA.

2. MFalcetano macrumors newbie

I lost my 3GS earlier this year and cancelled my iPhone data plan. I've managed, since AT&T changed their data plans, to have AT&T add the unlimited iPhone plan back to my account. What the representative told me regarding unlimited plans for the BlackBerry is that if you have a BlackBerry unlimited plan, you can get grandfathered in to the iPhone unlimited plan. I would, however, suggest that you call and verify this yourself, as this is just what I have been told.

3. MacChinoNyc thread starter macrumors 6502

I just got off the phone with AT&T customer service and they just said something like that lol. Basically I got to see this to believe this. He basically said I would be signing a new 2yr commitment not a new contract so I would be able to keep my unlimited data plan. Pretty cool I guess. :)