Hope someone can help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rebldr, Aug 5, 2014.

1. rebldr macrumors newbie

I own an iMac. Do not own a cell phone. Was told I could use an iPhone to take pictures and download them to my iMac without actually having a cell-phone service. Is that true and if it is, how or what do I have to do? Thank you for your input.

2. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

As far as obtaining an iPhone without cellular service I can think of two options: either buying a phone out-of-contract from a carrier for full retail price, or buying a used phone off craiglist/eBay.

If you went either of those routes, you could use the phone in airplane mode with WiFi enabled.. this would allow you to use Photo Stream to sync your photos to your iMac (whenever the iPhone is on WiFi). Alternatively, you could manually sync the pictures to iPhoto by plugging in your phone to the iMac.

Is there a particular reason you want an iPhone w/o cellular service for pictures?

3. dotme macrumors 6502a

4. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

why not get a point a shot digital camera that takes better pictures and can still fit in your pocket? You can still download them to your Mac or PC.