Carrier Hope the iPhone X battery don't bloat

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spoon72, Sep 16, 2017.

1. spoon72 macrumors regular

spoon72

I have both the 5s and 6 with that issue and it caused the display to lifted from the main body.

2. Xgm541 macrumors 65816

All smartphone batteries have a chance to bloat especially if exposed to extreme temperatures

As for your other phones, I'd suggest taking them to Apple. They'd probably be willing to help

3. spoon72 thread starter macrumors regular

spoon72

I bought oem batteries and replaced them myself since it was without warranty .

4. zhandri Suspended

if it bloats you take it back to apple. they usually exchange phones with bloating batteries even after the warranty expires under the apple quality program. and the especially should if we're talking about a 1000$+ device

5. psynnott macrumors 6502

psynnott

6. cableguy84 macrumors 65816

cableguy84

7. Persian-apple macrumors regular

Persian-apple

My 5S has This problem too The screen Is a tiny little bit Lifted if i press it hard i can Here the screen bouncing Back But its just a tiney little bit

And the back of the phone is not lifted or sth like that

Do you think this is dangerous ? i have no official stores in my country(no apple stores no authorized service providers NOTHING)
    Just please tell me if its dangerous to use

The battery is fine to me it works Well
    But i really dont know I dont think battery can make the screen bloat im confused man
    --- Post Merged, Mar 14, 2018 ---
    I saw others on his forums Talking about their iphones bloated but Their iphones reqlly Bloted like crazy the acreen was seperated fully but for me It themisdle of screen and its Just a Tiny little bit for the upper layer of screen and the phone is Normal i dont think its the battery

8. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

There is a danger only if removing the battery.

It's encased in a protective sleeve. Don't mess with it and it's fine. The problem is when attempting to remove it for replacement. If the protective sleeve is punctured there can be a risk of battery explosion.

For this reason, Apple ships devices with swelling batteries to a special facility with the tools to handle this safely.

Source: Apple Genius addressing my safety concerns about continued use of my swelling battery while waiting for my replacement to arrive.

9. Persian-apple macrumors regular

Persian-apple

So you think its my battery bloating? Cause its in the middle of the phone and the screen it self is Not Seperated from the main body just the upper glass is A tiny little bit upper
    If i press hard on the middle and release its gonna cause a Low-vol. Crackling sound

And the back Doesnt have any problems

10. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

I don't know.

I'm just answering your question about if a swelling battery is dangerous or not.

11. maerz001 macrumors 65816

maerz001

The back can't have this problem cos it's one pice

12. Vermifuge macrumors 68000

Vermifuge

It's inevitable. some batteries are bound to fail.

13. Persian-apple macrumors regular

Persian-apple

The display doesnt have any problems Just the top glass has maybe under 0.5 milimetres bloating

Should i be concerned

Here are my two options:
    Throwing the 5S in the trash can

Keeping using it

And honestly i can Not call it bloating Guys its not like the display is curved or anything like that

14. Vermifuge, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018

Vermifuge macrumors 68000

Vermifuge

So what happens when these batters explode is it swells to the point the casing is compromised. This normally happens with the battery expands and is pierced by something inside the case or on the logic board. So it's not a matter of if but when the battery will become compromised. I would recommend taking it to someone and having it serviced.

15. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I Personally don’t think you understand the ramifications of what a defective/swollen battery can do when under pressure. It’s not something that you want to tamper with or use knowingly what could happen. If you decide to dispose of the iPhone 5s, Apple has a recycling program you can donate your iPhone to and they will dispose of it properly for you.

16. Persian-apple macrumors regular

Persian-apple

hey friend,i know what it can do it can explode but that is,if the battery in there is really swollen which doesnt seem to be true for me ive seen a pic of an iphone 7's display being fully sperated from the main body but mine? just the top glas has a tiney little bit of a bump it seems to have happened due to heat Or maybe while taking the glass off the display it sperated a bit doesnt look like a swollen battery to me

or maybe i just dont know and its becayse of the battery

and surely i know what batteries can do i know what happens If a li-ion battery starts to leak or explodes,thats why i keep ,y powerbanks Away from my body and i use respected brands like anker,griffin,etc i neber use cheap chinese banks

thanks for the answer guys!
    love ya'll
    --- Post Merged, Mar 15, 2018 ---
    this is a truly bloated battery https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-7-battery-bloated.1997819/#post-23496689 but mine Just doesnt seem like one Im gonna post a picture of My 5S maybe It helps i dont know but i have no one to take a look at it there are no official stores or authorized service providers theyre probably less informed than you guys so i gotta clear this up myself all i can get is some online help on forums like this and i really appreciate it byt thats it really

17. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

What notch?

18. Persian-apple macrumors regular

Persian-apple

he probably means the iphone x notch which is located on top of the display which lots of people Think is a crazy move from apple
    my problem is similar to these guys but it doesnt click as loud its screen clicking not screen gap the phone is tightly sealed

finally found the perfect video that looks exactly like mine(and my 5s is Gold 2 and the clicking sounds the same!)
    whats you think guys it sounds like a pretty vommon problem is it safe to use this؟

19. maerz001 macrumors 65816

maerz001

I wouldn't throw it away. You can install a new battery for $20 or many shops offer this.
    Apple for $79 is not worth it for such an old phone.

Before open and check if it really is the battery. Maybe just the frame of the display came lose.

20. Persian-apple macrumors regular

Persian-apple

I dont put non-OEMbatteries inside my phones Cause You dont know if its Gonna work or Not but according to my searches It seems like it cant be the battery The battery bloating Is super obvious while my problem
    Is a Super common screen clicking,further more I even have an iphone 5S and It has no bloating no screen clicking no performance issues
    Just the battery guage Isnt that accurate it turns off at 15percent of charge But its an IOS bug and since the IOS doesnt Get updated for this old phone Im stuck with it

So what i get from this,is that OEM batteries are really high quality Batteries,I wouldnt recomment anyone to
    go anyother route than Official apple stores
    Mbut again thanks for your reply man that means a Lot to me,cause There are no apple stores here you know...
    God bless❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️✝️

21. maerz001 macrumors 65816

maerz001

Ifixit also sells good batteries. Or look for reviews on amazon.

Anyway, for a half broken 5s which is worth maybe $50 you can try.

BTW a 5s still is supported for software updates

22. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

The battery will continue to bloat as the battery ages.

The fact that your phone turns off at 15% tells you your battery needs replacement. It's not an iOS bug.

If your display is bloating on the left side, it's 99% due to the battery. That's where the battery is.

23. Persian-apple, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018

Persian-apple macrumors regular

Persian-apple

Look My 6S plus battery sometimes Does this too cause Even if the battery is degraded the Guage should Automatically Show then right percentage so that the phone turns Off at 0 percent
    And Nope its not on the Left side the screen clicking is at the center and there is no noticable
    curve Or seperation on my 5S nor on the 6S+ they just got old batteries i know...

Anyways If somebody is willing to pay the full 80dollars will it change the Waiting tome for a battery replacement?
    --- Post Merged, Mar 16, 2018 ---
    If a Phone works Then it works,Just cause technology Is Advancing at a crazy fast pace
    doesnt mean 5S is a bad phone and Just cause People Buy it no more
    doesnt mean It shouldnt have any value,its Still a respectable
    phone which still receives software updates I have the Iphone X and 6S+ and well I still think 5S can keep up with todays world

I mean the phone is worth more than 50dollars for me Although if somebody wanted to buy it, it would cost them around 50-100$

I might consider The ifixit route but are their batteries safe ,honestly ive never opened Up an i phone I know how to do it but have never done it personally,im not scared of doing This but i dont know batteries are scary stuff And I dont know if i fixit bayteries Are Good as Apples original batteries i dont wanna end up dead because Of a non-OWC Iphone battery!
    God bless
    --- Post Merged, Mar 16, 2018 ---
    Im traveling to turkey and Gonna stay there for a Week I know I probably cant Get any battery replacements in one week and since i cant speak turkish I couldnt Set up an appointment for the battery replacement ive got no problem with paying 80dollars for a battery,Maybe this speeds things up Or they Got one In stock?
    I dont Know

And maybe I can get an ifixit battery kit i dont know what should i do guys
    Need your help on this!

24. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

It means your 6s battery is also degraded. When the battery is degraded, the gauge will be inaccurate. iOS cannot accurately predict battery capacity with a degraded battery. You don't see this problem with a brand new iPhone 6s.

The battery occupies a large area of the iPhone. All you need to do is unscrew the bottom two screws and take a peek.

[​IMG]

25. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple