Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ralphiedee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
Ok I have a Mac Pro trash can , I replaced the original drive with an Aura Pro X2, I notice that the start up is taking longer and longer , I timed it today and it took about 9 minutes for the white line to fully fill.

The X2 hard drive size is 2.92 TB and it says 143.11 GB free

I cleaned out all junk I dont need

So far I booted in Internet recovery and did a repair disk. Just a few small things but the disk is OK

I usually use DiskWarrior but DW has not released an update to do the directory repair.

Can anyone give a a clue of what to do now as the start up time is way way too long.

RD

barbu

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2013
wpg.mb.ca
Perhaps boot in verbose mode, and watch the messages to see if it’s hanging on something.
I believe you boot with cmd-V held down for that.

ralphiedee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
Booted in verbs mode but how do I save the text as I cant read it and need someone to do that, I also booted in safe mode and the machine crashed. Then Booted holding D key at diagnostics found no issues. ???????????

ralphiedee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
Here is verbos report: where start up hangs
apfs_ on ind 12884925674 ( error 28)

wreiff1

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2018
Germany
Ok I have a Mac Pro trash can , I replaced the original drive with an Aura Pro X2, I notice that the start up is taking longer and longer , I timed it today and it took about 9 minutes for the white line to fully fill.

The X2 hard drive size is 2.92 TB and it says 143.11 GB free

I cleaned out all junk I dont need

So far I booted in Internet recovery and did a repair disk. Just a few small things but the disk is OK

I usually use DiskWarrior but DW has not released an update to do the directory repair.

Can anyone give a a clue of what to do now as the start up time is way way too long.

RD
The program DarwinDumper allows you to save the Text when booting verbose. Maybe this is of help for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.