Hopelessly Neurotic re: closing apps

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Rhyalus, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Rhyalus macrumors 6502

Rhyalus

Hey all,

Anyone else close apps almost immediately after using them?

If you don't close them, do they eventually close themselves?

Can't.....leave.....them.....running.... (unless they are meant to run like Skype or something).

R

2. WILLDOGS macrumors regular

That is just a list of your recently used apps, they are not running.

You are wasting your time as they are not using any resources and close themselves eventually.

Android and iOS both do the same. This is why there is no "exit" option in mobile apps. (Yes I know there are a few that do, but its redundant)

3. bruceclay85 macrumors member

bruceclay85

It never really even occurs to me they are down there until I have to switch on the fly. Even then most of the Tim I just 4 finger swipe to the next app, or 5 finger close and just choose the app I need.

4. iEvolution macrumors 65816

Don't believe for a second these apps magically close themselves, try using the 4 th gen iPod touch for an extended period of time after opening a lot of apps, hard to agree that apps just 'close' themselves after the lag you experience.

That being said with the iPad 3 I don't go out of the way to close out apps unless the unit starts to lag.

5. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

Im with you op :p my switcher is always clean ! Unless is skype, beejiveim or the likes.

6. Rhyalus thread starter macrumors 6502

Rhyalus

I took some extra medication and tried to stay away from the previous apps list...

I could swear I saw extra lag. I will try the experiment again and see what happens. FYI This is a new ipad 3 with 32gb of RAM.

R

7. Zethca macrumors regular

Never. I have every single app installed in the switcher usually. It's 100% cosmetic list of previous apps. iOS manages everything for you, waste of time to clear it usually. Unfortunately I see people IRL spreading misinformation about the need to close all apps far too often.

8. Dolorian macrumors 65816

Dolorian

No need to close those apps, they don't really affect performance.

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

This is one of the reasons I still jailbreak my iDevices when possible -- I have a jailbreak tweak that shows me a list of all my actually running apps, not the most recently opened ones, and lets me close them all with a single taps. It usually shows about 5-6 apps as running. However, on my iPad 3. I don't think I've ever noticed any lags -- usually when I close my apps, it's because ONE app is misbehaving, but the way this tweak is organized, the "close all apps" button is easier to tap than to find and close the misbehaving app from the list.