Hopes for iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Rlnplehshalo, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Rlnplehshalo macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Just wondering what everyone wants in the next iPad in terms on power and user customization as well as new hardware.

Personally I doubt Apple will release an iPad mini because Apple have one version of a product and one version only.

I'm hoping Apple allows a little more customization with the OS such as android for example that offers many themes, video wallpapers And unique ways to unlock the phone from the lock screen. It's something that makes me think android phones could eventually overpower the iPhone and iPad due to the lack of customization that Apple offers to users.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Well, that's not true at all. There are Wifi-only and 3G models of the iPad. There are multiple sizes of Macbook Pro and iMac.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

The things you want are nothing to do with hardware so your title is misleading.

Those things are IOS software features.

Also the problem with live wallpapers on Android is 'they Do' drain the battery faster, the same with live widgets.

Also the problem with the myriad of home launchers is that whilst some are well crafted and work well, others are a pile of donkey balls that have major problems.

Personally I'd rather the 1 decent home launcher, than a myriad of sub standard home launchers.

4. urbanmacUser macrumors regular

urbanmacUser

5. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

I'd like to hear:
    -iOS 5 in development, ready to developers in beta tomorrow.
    -Louder/Better Speaker(s)
    -HD/Retina Display
    -Total Redesign for the better
    -Release tomorrow. (More realistically, within a week or two)

my 2 cents.

mark

6. AgDon macrumors newbie

Android gives each person the choice of how he wants his tablet to look. You can choose the same boring screen and a longer battery life like ios or you can customise how much or how little you want to add to the screen, its called freedom. At least you have a choice to make it how you want it to look and work for you, hopefully ios 5 will allow the same.