Hoping for small UI tweaks

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by pad07, Jul 16, 2012.

1. pad07 macrumors regular

A few things in the UI I hope Apple do by the fall... And yes, I am aware this is a wish list that will probably not be planned, but alas, just ideas.

- Unified address bar in Safari as well as the pinch in tab thumbnail view like on Mountain Lion.

- New glass, matte dock (again to match up to 10.8)

- Do Not Disturb toggle in Notification Center

- Ability to exclude Facebook lists in the audience selector on the Facebook share sheet

- Consistency with the adaptive status bar in stock apps - scrap or implement consistently as an example to developers

- Introduce the new squarer buttons and styles seen in Music/App Store to ageing stock apps like Camera, Calculator and Photos.

- Landscape home screen option like iPad?

Anyone got any UI tweak wishes?

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Do not disturb toggle is present in settings, so check that off your list.

3. pad07 thread starter macrumors regular

Only said it for consistency with Mountain Lion, again.

4. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Why do people want a landscape home screen on iPod/iPhone?
    Seriously, what's the point? You'll be able to fit about 2 rows of icons on the screen, there is absolutely no reason to want a landscape home screen.

5. Sh4wN macrumors regular

Well, yes, there is. Now that you can use a fair amount of apps, even Apple's (Maps, Contacts, Messages, Calendar, Notes, Mail...) in landscape mode, being forced to use the iPhone vertically to open a new app simply interrupts the workflow.

6. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

That and the fact that the iPhone's orientation matters in regards to phone-calls (as the iPad doesn't). Imagine your have your iPhone upside-down and you get a phone-call, ha.

7. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

And having to scroll several extra pages because your homescreen can no longer display 16 icons (excluding dock) doesn't "interrupt the workflow"?

8. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

He said he wanted it in notification center.

9. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

I don't understand why Apple hasn't done these yet. Apple used to handle consistency well, but now everything seems so inconsistent. Unified address bar would look great on iOS. It seems especially important on a mobile device, which utilizes search a lot more than on the desktop. The Mountain Lion dock looks great, and should be on all devices.

10. brylliant macrumors regular

brylliant

Don't need to wish for that. I'm pretty sure it's coming! They have always made those docks match :)
    Probably in beta 4 after Mountain Lion releases.

11. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

Well one thing that's probably getting a mini test is the moving settings icon

12. Funkmasta macrumors member

I've noticed a few already. The camera is black now and I really like it that way, the keypad is light grey and looks excellent too.

Just small things to keep it fresh. Home screen icons are nicer in some way also, such as the settings icon. Not sure what the difference is but it looks nicer than in iOS 5.

13. pphheerroonn macrumors newbie

They need to update the player controls in the video app to match the music player.
    Another small annoyance is the colour of the music logo. The white on orange iPod icon looked much nicer than the orange on orange they have now...