Hoping for some iTunes help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pbags, Aug 11, 2011.

1. pbags macrumors newbie

Ok, so here's the deal. I got a MacBook Pro a couple days ago because my PC freezes on the HP screen. It's done, no helping it, it will NOT turn on. Now, the problem is i had iTunes on my PC with all of my music, movies, just everything. Is there ANY way I can somehow get it to my MacBook? Keep in mind I can't get on my PC. I think it's a lost cause but I figured I'd ask.
    Thanks

Patti

2. soundguy15 macrumors member

soundguy15

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Pull out your hard drive from your PC and put it in an external enclosure and you should be able to get your iTunes library off it.

3. pbags thread starter macrumors newbie

oh gosh, sounds VERY helpful...but how on Earth do i do THAT? haha just take it somewhere yea?

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

This isn't so hard. Once you've got the external enclosure for it, then do this:
    1. Unscrew the plate(s) holding the side of your PC together.
    2. Find the hard drive - it's usually in a bay above the optical drive(s) on most PCs
    3. Unscrew the 4 (or 8 on some PCs) screws holding the drive in place
    4. Disconnect the power and data cables into the drive
    5. Pull the drive out of its bay, carefully
    6. Open up the external enclosure - like PCs these often need unscrewing
    7. Mount the drive into place
    8. Connect power and data cables
    9. Close the enclosure back up
    10. Connect it to a power source and a USB/FireWire cable to the Mac
    11. The external drive should mount on the Mac at this point, if it's still working