Hi, all I should probably post this in digital audio, but I'm on a bit of a tight time squeeze. About 2 weeks ago, I bought a 13 inch base 2012 MBA. I found it to be underpowered for running Logic Pro or Pro Tools w/ multitrack audio recording (not software instruments, actual audio recording). I upgraded to the high-spec stock 2012 MBP 13" and am regretting that. I have until this Monday to exchange this machine. Currently, I'm looking at the classic MBP 15" so I can get that 4 core CPU. Pro Tools hasn't signed up for the SSD revolution (nor the thunderbolt to firewire move) so I'm not sure if the rMBP is the right call. I feel it's inevitable that avid gives the "thumbs up" to SSDs, but it hasn't happened yet. I don't particularly care about the size of my internal storage because I have a good external mass storage setup - USB 3.0 is a godsend in that regard. I will often just carry an external drive around to recording sessions that have their own hardware but I like to perform live through mainstage or Guitar Rig 5. The rMBP is hot - very hot (I mean appeal-wise, not temperature). I spend most of my time, though, plugged into an external monitor. If I got a classic 15", I would probably get the base model and upgrade aftermarket to 8 or 16 gb of RAM. I don't see the 2.3 ghz clock speed becoming an issue. GPU is of almost no importance to me, I have a home-made windows desktop for gaming and I don't do any video/photo editing (nor do I have plans to start.. music is overwhelming enough!). Another thing about the rMBP that is giving me pause is that I've been burned on buying first-run Apple hardware before. I had the first run of intel MBPs back in 2006 and that was far and away the worst computer I've ever owned. So, basically - if I got an rMBP I would get the base model as-is, and probably sell it within the year and get whatever comes out. I'm assuming they will hold their value somewhat. If I get a cMBP I would aftermarket upgrade the RAM, and toss in an SSD when it gets the Avid seal of approval (and prices for larger capacities come down), and subsequently keep it for a few years. What do you guys think? No matter what I am going to bring this computer back tomorrow and get Apple Store credit for it. Thanks in advance.