Hoq does Apple know if you opened your iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by KingKolt, Jun 8, 2010.

1. KingKolt macrumors newbie

How would apple be able to tell if i opened my iphone up and in turn void my warranty?:apple:

2. aristobrat macrumors G5

Unless you leave obvious physical damage, they won't.

3. KingKolt thread starter macrumors newbie

What about the lil blue stains on the screws on the bottom by the jack...when you unscrew them they are blue, is that how apple would know? or is it just the signs around the touchscreen rim?

4. KingKolt thread starter macrumors newbie

Reason I ask is because i found a phone, screen was flickering white, it was a 3g so i figured it was old and warranty ha already expired, so i opened it and fixed the problem for a while, then a few days later it started flickering again, i connected it to itunes, got the serial number and realised it still had warranty...shoulda done this first before opening it

5. iFixYouri macrumors member

The blue stains on the screws is a mild locktite, so that the screws dont back themselves out. Only way apple will know if it has been worked on is if it is missing warranty indicators, doesn't have original parts inside, or if it has obvious physical damage to the phone from someone tampering with it.

6. xSoFine69o macrumors newbie

I replaced the screen on my iPhone, yet it is still "in warranty". There have been a few resulting problems. What if I take it in, am able to trade it for a new one, and they find out retroactively that I replaced the screen? Is that possible? Will they charge me the $200?