horizontal keyboard? found something.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hatcher146, Jun 5, 2007.

1. hatcher146 macrumors 6502

i dont know if anyone will really care about this, but others like myself will.

on apples iPhone tab on their website...the internet tab which shows a demo of "web" when you type in an address in the address bar in vertical mode...the page loads....and once the phone turns into horizontal mode the tab for entering anything in the address bar dissippears.

now with the new "how-to" commercial after entering something in the address bar in vertical mode and then going into horizontal mode the address bar is still there...so what does this lead to...

im guessing that the speculation of a horizontal keyboard will come true.

please dont leave any negative comments...just trying to pass some info along that i might have found...i might be wrong though. haha.

2. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

That's possible and would be very cool - excellent for blogging and responding to threads on forums like MacRumors.

3. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

4. Daniel.steel macrumors member

Found This

Attached Files:

5. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Woot ^_^ Fast typing landscape :D

6. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

I really hope they do include considering texting/email IMO would be much faster. Good find on the pic, where did you get it?

7. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I wonder if its real or just someones dream. The great thing though, is that if it isn't added ... without enough complaints it can be added in a software update :D

8. constant L macrumors member

where?

9. skythefly13 macrumors 6502

hmmm

That keyboard definitely looks oversized, it almost covers up the whole screen!

10. iMichael72 macrumors regular

That would sweet if that were true. And if it was that big.

11. lekun macrumors regular

Where? Jason Santa Maria's webpage, that's where.

The poster was a little vague, but this was a mockup done by Jason Santa Maria (a web developer) shortly after the keynote as sort of a proof of concept / plea for a horizontal layout.

It is not anything official.

Jason's Flickr stream

Jason's web post where he talks about said horizontal keyboard.

12. bloodycape macrumors 65816

May I ask how this is a proof of concept? I saw a similar software back in 2004-2005 for Palm and WM pdas, that allowed you to type horizontally. Granted the keys where not as large since those did incude a tab, shift, ctrl and numbers on the thing. But yes it is so much easier to type that way, only thing would be the lack of a real feedback after pushing a key.

13. designimbus macrumors newbie

I think the address bar has always been there. As soon as the page is scrolled down the address bar goes away in both orientations (seems to be connected to the top of the webpage). When previewed in the demo on the Apple site, the image is zoomed in and does not include the top portion of the page where the address bar resides. I think this feature has been there and will be there when it ships.

14. lekun macrumors regular

You may.

Great, now only if we were on some sort of message board about Palm or WM PDAs that would make sense.

Proof of concept on the iPhone. "Mac Forums > Apple Hardware > iPhone" Context clues are our friends for deciphering meaning. :)

I kid; I kid.

In all seriousness I am just pointing out what the OP was a little vague about: This picture was mocked up by a hopeful-consumer, not some leaked or official image by Apple or screen capture from some commercial.