iPad Horizontal Keyboard on iOS 9.2 on an iPad-3 ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by augustya, Jan 19, 2016.

1. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

is the anyone here who is using iOS 9.2 on an iPad 3 ? If yes do you think the typing keyboard which is there on iOS 9.2 is spaced out enough, and is it comfortable to type on it especially in the horizontal mode, without making any spelling mistakes. I thought the keyboard is a little clumsy and cramped on iOS 9.2 especially on an iPad 3 ( I don't know if the keyboard on an iPad 3 and a keyboard on an iPad Air 2 on iOS 9.2 look different or are they the same look and feel wise) the keyboard on the iOS 8 was much easier to type ! Am I making sense or it is just about getting used to something and not getting to something, in short is the typing on the iPad 3 in horizontal mode on an iOS 9.2 comfortable as it was on iOS 8 ? I can't decide, so your comments please :)

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

We do have an iPad 3 around the house, but it's still on iOS 6. On my Air, I don't recall any significant difference between the keyboard in iOS 8 and 9. Maybe if you post a screenshot of the keyboard on your iPad 3, I can compare it to my Air and see if it looks the same.

3. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

I am at work I will do this once I reach home.

4. augustya, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016

augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

Here is how the keyboard looks in horizontal and vertical mode on my iPad 3 which is on iOS 9.2 ! My question is does the iOS 9.2 keyboard on an iPad 3 feel the same in typing as on an iPad Air-2 with iOS 9.2 does anybody feel any difference on typing in both scenarios like for e.g. Ease of typing etc...

First one is Horizontal keyboard and second one is vertical keyboard !

image.png image.png

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Those keyboards look exactly the same on my Air2.

I actually found an Air1 still on iOS 8, and staring at my Air2 on iOS 9 and the Air1 side by side, I'd say there is a VERY subtle difference in the key sizes. In iOS 9, the keys have shrunk just that tiny bit to accommodate the extra bar at the top with function icons. But the difference is so small, you can hardly see it. You must be extra sensitive if it bothers you.

6. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

See this is exactly what I meant !! the keys have shrunk in iOS 9.2 and it is not as big and easy as it would feel in iOS 8 where you were confident about typing accurately without worrying about pressing a wrong key or making any other spelling mistakes ! There is definitely a difference at least the way it feels while typing on iOS 8 and iOS 9 keyboards ! I wish I had not upgraded to iOS 9 :(

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I'm sorry you feel that way, but the difference really is very small. You'll get the same, or even bigger difference switching from one physical keyboard to another. Since downgrading isn't an option, just try and get used to it. Maybe look up typing practice sentences and type a few of them until you start feeling comfortable with the new spacing.

8. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

Yeah Since now downgrading is not an option! I might have to get used to it !