horizontal lines on video when played on computer?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by tjsdaname, Jun 18, 2009.

1. tjsdaname macrumors 6502

2. spice weasel macrumors 65816

Are you talking about interlacing? Are you shooting 1080i or 1080p? If you camera supports 1080 (or 720) lines of resolution at 30 progressive frames per second, that's what you'll want to use. Interlacing is when only half the frame is imaged at a time. When viewed on a television you probably won't notice. But on a computer screen, with no comb filter, you'll see the jaggies along the edges of objects, especially when something in the frame is moving.

3. tjsdaname thread starter macrumors 6502

how would I fix this interlacing? and honestly I have know clue if it shoots in 1080i or 1080p

4. spice weasel macrumors 65816

According to its description on Amazon, the camera shoots 720x480i, meaning it shoots interlaced only. You would have to run your video through a program that deinterlaces in order to remove it. Software does this in one of two ways: 1) it tosses out half of the frames (bad), or 2) it blends the odd and even frames (better, sort of), the result of which is no interlacing but a picture with softer edges.

MPEG Streamclip is free and can deinterlace give that a try.

EDIT: Meant to say that it blends or throws out half the fields, not the frames.

5. tjsdaname thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks you so much!!!

it works perfect!!! and it doesn't really kill the quality!:D