Horizontal white line

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ftored, Jun 6, 2013.

1. ftored macrumors regular

ftored

I turned on my Macbook air and the screen was fine until the grey colour of the login screen appeared. After that a horizontal line appeared at about the 3/4 of the display. I had some coffe spilled on it a week ago or so (7-8 drops but enough to mess up the keyboard somehow:/), but this was really sudden and I don't think it is related to that. The service guys at a local retailer said is a screen problem and needs replacing.:/

Has this happened to anyone? You think it may be the connector or something else instead of the actual lcd?
    [​IMG]

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It absolutely could be residual issues from coffee. Even black coffee can be harmful because coffee has acid (unless you buy acid free or low-acid coffee). If someone told you the screen needs replacing then perhaps get a second opinion from Apple and go from there. The screen will cost quite a bit though.

3. ftored thread starter macrumors regular

ftored

Well it's the official reseller and authorised service point that told me that. We do not have Apple Stores in Cyprus. I guess i won't fix it as i was quoted more than the half of the price of a new one and it's a 2010 model. Not really worth it being a c2d