Horrible Apple Care Service Story

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kim2272, Oct 15, 2010.

1. kim2272 macrumors regular

kim2272

I'm just here because I need a way to vent. I went to the Apple Store today to pick up my Unibody Macbook that was being fixed. I dropped it off two weeks ago so that they could fix the track pad and the screen. I was having trouble with the track pad where it kept registering everything as a double click. My screen was and still is having the issue where there is a dense red line going across the screen whenever I am on a black screen like a website or watching a movie on netflix for example. So, I come by today, all excited to pick it up and the thing looks horrible. It is scratched everywhere. Everywhere I look, there are deep scratches. It looks like someone took a knife and poked at the computer for fun. I complain to the genius and she tells me that they are willing to replace the whole body free of charge. I am so tired of bringing my computer in but I go along with it anyways. I come home and test out the screen because at the apple store it is impossible to see it with all the bright lights. The red line issue is still there. I am sick and tired of going to the apple store. I am thinking of just selling this and buying a new one! It is very frustrating to me especially because I have a weak immune system from chemo treatments. It is hard for me to keep going there. But they're not making my life any easier.

Plus, every time I try to call the store I am redirected to an answering machine and it is very difficult to get in contact with someone there.

I am really disappointed. I don't know what to do from here. :(

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I had some ram replaced, and they brought the bottom part with dents in it. I didn't say anything, but if Apple denies the warranty bevause of it, I'll be heated.

3. kim2272 thread starter macrumors regular

kim2272

They should consider treating the computers with better care.

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I know, but they probably have a lot, so quality of andling has to go down. Sad considering that we pay so much for our computers.

5. kim2272 thread starter macrumors regular

kim2272

I know! I don't know how to show them the red line on my screen at the store because it is so bright in there. They'll probably deny that the issue even exists. I wish I could just get the whole unit replaced.

6. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Take pictures where you can see the issue.

7. kim2272 thread starter macrumors regular

kim2272

I tried before but it didn't show up on my iPhone's camera

8. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Was it really that bad of an issue, then?

9. movieboy23 macrumors regular

I would never take my Mac into an Apple Store. Those places are zoos and I'm not confident in the skills of some of the geniuses in accomplishing ordinary repairs.

I advise all my friends to go to an Apple Authorized Service Provider. Going there, all your repairs are still covered under any of Apple's warranties, the turnaround time is usually quicker, and you have direct access to the person repairing your machine and the staff around them. And being a former service tech at such a location, I can tell you that your machine is treated with much more attention and care than it would be at any Apple Store I know of.

10. Lucky736 macrumors 6502a

Lucky736

Call AppleCare and explain your situation. In times like these they are the ones best equipped to help you get a resolution to your issue, trust me.

11. Bluemeanie1976 macrumors 6502a

Bluemeanie1976

I've never had a single issue taking my stuff to the store. Always done quick smart, (each time less than an hour, or direct replacement). I certainly would say that they are cavalier with their attitude.

12. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Does it show up in a screen capture? Probably not, but worth a try. Also, call AppleCare, ask for Customer Relations, explain what you've been through with your MacBook and the quality of service provided by this store and ask them what they can do to make it right.

13. Risky272 macrumors newbie

how old is your macbook. Mine was about 5 weeks old and i was able to get an exchange because some programs would crash at times.