Horrible battery life - "normal"?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by macbook123, Sep 28, 2010.

1. macbook123 macrumors 68000

I switched from the 3GS to the iPhone 4 2 months ago and from the beginning had much worse battery life. On average the battery would be drained by noon, without much usage. I went to a genius appointment three weeks after purchase, certain to be given a replacement, and the guy just hooked up his laptop and ran a battery test and declared my battery normal. He told me in a dry tone that if I want to make it through a day I have to have Wifi off, push and all notifications off, screen at half brightness auto, and a bunch of other things. I tried all that but there hasn't been much improvement. Eg today I have not placed a single phone call yet, did repond to two emails, and looked at about ten websites via edge or 3G. The battery is now at 40%, and it's noon. I can't use the phone really because it empties the battery, an hour of talk time draining 40%. Now that the return time has expired as I believed this arrogant genius, will I have to deal with this crap for 22 more months?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You can still return the phone. Return it and insist on a refurb.

You might try restoring it and setting up as new before returning it though. It can't hurt and might fix your issues.

3. Injector macrumors newbie

I get a full day of heavy use out of mine, a day and a half of medium use.

4. missygal Guest

missygal

That doesnt seem normal! I can go at least a day with heavy use, usually into the next day then I charge it.