Horrible Day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DeiseSupes, Apr 13, 2016.

1. DeiseSupes macrumors newbie

So, today, my iPhone 6 just goes black...one minute I'm on Twitter...next thing...BLACK.

I assumed that it had just restarted but no...the phone was still on...but the screen wasn't working. My apple watch was still connected and receiving notifications.

I rang Apple support and they told me to restore it, and that should do the trick. I wasn't convinced to be honest.

Anyway, I go home, connect the phone to itunes, try and restore without a screen and now, it's stopping halfway through the process to tell me this:

There is no SIM card installed in the iPhone you are attempting to activate.

Now, this has me worried because a month or so ago my other half was having trouble with her iphone 5. We tried to restore it (on my imac) and got the same warning...she eventually had to buy a new phone cause her other one wouldn't even turn on.

Right now, I don't know what has happened. Apple are telling me it will cost €320 euro to send back as it's out of warranty...I can't see the screen so I have no idea what possible warnings are flashing up on it...

Two very strange and catastrophic problems in one day.

I fear nobody will know what to advise here...

..but I ask anyway...

2. BeefCake 15 macrumors 65816

BeefCake 15

If you have an Apple Store near you, stop by for a consultation. They'll tell you what's wrong with it for free and may even offer some support.

3. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Seems like this is a hardware problem similar to what my fiancée experienced with her 6 last year. As Beefcake mentioned, if you have a Apple Store near you, I would schedule a Genius appointment to have the phone analyzed.

4. DeiseSupes thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately, the nearest Apple Store is 220 miles away.

5. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

I had the same on an iPad this week, i was thinking it was related to 9.3.1
    The only way i could get around it was to DFU the unit and then run a restore fro iTunes.

6. electronicsguy macrumors 6502a

electronicsguy

It happens. I have seen sim-card problems. Sometimes a sim-card may just zap, sometime it may a connection problem. Have you tried removing the sim, cleaning the contacts and putting it back in?

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

You didn't by any chance simply try to restart the phone (by holding the lock/sleep button and the home button together for about 10-20 seconds until the Apple logo comes up on the screen)?

8. Aditya_S macrumors 6502

This happened to my iPad once, it was still on, but the screen was black. I fixed it by holding the power button and home button at the same time until I saw the Apple logo.

9. DeiseSupes thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys...
    I'm currently restoring using my partner's sim...time will tell if that works...
    --- Post Merged, Apr 13, 2016 ---
    Didn't work.

10. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

320e for what?

11. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Road trip!

12. Matthew.H macrumors 6502

Matthew.H

Out of warranty replacement I would presume.