Horrible experience with Apple - few questions

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by 226896, Feb 14, 2009.

1. 226896 Guest

I'll get straight to the point - I made a purchase in my local Apple Store for some iPhone speakers / alarm clock dock thing. It cost £88. I payed by debit card, and today I just checked my statement, and I've been charged twice for it. So that's me, £88 out of pocket right away.

What's worse, is that because I've been charged twice, my bank account is now overdrawn by £40, which I will get charged a fee for. My questions are:

1. What should I do to get my money back from Apple? Just take in my bank statement and receipt and explain what's happened?

2. Will Apple cover my bank charges, seeing as it's their fault I'm now overdrawn? If not, if I explain to the bank what's happened, is it likely will they waive the charges?

Thanks.

2. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

It could simply be a bank error, if Apple didn't process the order twice then it could be the banks fault for accidentally authorising two orders.

You need to speak to your bank, and see who's fault it is, if its Apple you need to go to Apple and prove you only purchased one, then Apple should refund you the money, however if its the bank they should reverse the money transfer and overdrawn fee immediately.