Horrible Images in imovie

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mac Confused, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Mac Confused macrumors newbie

Is there anyone that understands why I'm getting pixelated images from high res image files? And why is iMovie running out of memory when trying to add transitions to my images? I'm extremely frustrated with this program. Why is it that I can preview titles over images, but I can't apply the title over the image, having it always over black in a new slide. WHY WHY WHY.. I'm finding this program extremely ridiculous!:mad::mad::mad::mad::(

2. 66217 Guest

iMovie 08'?

About the images looking pixelated. Try using lower res images. For example, if you are using 300dpi, try with 72. It normally helps.

3. Mac Confused thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahhh...

Ahh I will try this....... I appreciate it! Any insight to the other issues? Perhaps they are all related to the fact my files are large. I'm importing the images from iPhoto (ugg) is there away to import a lower version of the image without altering the original file size and with out duplicating every image?

4. 66217 Guest

I suppose you are seeing this images in your Mac?

Take into account that when you play the movie in your TV, it would look different than in your monitor.

Your laptops monitor has a higher resolution than most TVs, so it will look bad on your monitor but not necessarly on a TV.:)