Horrible iPhone Business Practices!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by madfresh, Jul 26, 2008.

1. madfresh macrumors regular

It seems as if the Apple stores, at least the ones in Stonestown (san francisco) and the Burlingame location, don't sell the iPhones unless there is a line outside. I went to the stonestown location 2 times, and they told me to come tomorrow and wait in line early in the morning for their next shipment (didn't do that and it was an obvious lie because the website showed they were fully stocked). The same thing happened at the Burlingame location, except they would flat out lie. I went here twice, hoping for a better experience than the stonestown location, and this location is worse. They flat out lie and say they're sold out when there is no line outside; however, when you check the online site at 9PM, it shows they're full stocked. Riiiiight, like they got in a shipment at around 7-8PM today on a saturday.

They're just doing this to raise the hype for the phone, and it's disgusting. I'm contemplating not even buying one now. They shouldn't be allowed to do this.

2. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

You sure they aren't telling the truth? I know that the online availability can be wrong at times

3. archesdevil macrumors 6502

archesdevil

Why would they not want to sell you an iPhone if they had them in stock?

4. Wailord macrumors 6502

Not to burst your bubble, but the online checker is very often wrong. It shows my local stores with 100% full stock and they're actually clean out.

5. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

6. snook911 macrumors 6502a

well I live in vegas and that online iPhone tracker thing is not right here

7. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

Stuff like this always cracks me up. It is like saying Nintendo is artificially creating a "shortage" of Wii systems in order to hype demand.

Unsold product is a bad thing no matter how it is sliced. If Apple can sell a million 3G iPhones in a week (for argument sake), they aren't going to hold back 250K of them in hopes it will lead 3 million people to want them in the following month.

8. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

:apple: has a goal of 10 million sold by the end of the year. I highly doubt they would refuse to sell to someone who's willing to pay.

9. protekt0r macrumors regular

protekt0r

the other thing to consider is out of fairness to everyone they may only sell today's shipment tomorrow. i.e., instead of making knuckleheads like you run around town looking for iphones at all hours of the day, the sell them only in the morning at opening. it makes it much simpler on the customers and the sales guys... that way they can focus on other non-iphone customers later in the day.