iPod horrible iPod luck?

ero87

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
My iPod photo was replaced because of hardware failure in june. The replacement had the same sad icon face happening, so i sent that in and got another replacement.

Now THIS replacement is giving me the sad face, and won't switch into disk mode. It's still in the 90-day warranty, but i'm sick of getting refurb ipods that are boudn to break within weeks. Is there a way for me to yell at apple and have them send me a REAL solution? I'm very very frustrated.

Ubuntu

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US
ero87 said:
My iPod photo was replaced because of hardware failure in june. The replacement had the same sad icon face happening, so i sent that in and got another replacement.

Now THIS replacement is giving me the sad face, and won't switch into disk mode. It's still in the 90-day warranty, but i'm sick of getting refurb ipods that are boudn to break within weeks. Is there a way for me to yell at apple and have them send me a REAL solution? I'm very very frustrated.
Apple sent me a replacement iPod 60GB, it arrived DOA. Sent me another one, worked fine, but it was a 30GB. Sent me another one, 60GB, DOA. Sent me a third one, DOA too.

Main thing is that I kept my calm. Do not yell, it won't get you anywhere. It's annoying, I know, but I got £100's worth of accessories for free as well as a brand new iPod 60GB, new warranty.

If you do end up getting another DOA iPod remind them that you are entitled to a brand new iPod after your third iPod, just so they know that you know what you're talking about.

ero87

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
Ubuntu said:
If you do end up getting another DOA iPod remind them that you are entitled to a brand new iPod after your third iPod, just so they know that you know what you're talking about.
Interesting! Is there any official documentation that I can use as a reference when speaking to customer service? I don't wanna tell them: "Yeah, some guy in a forum said that you need to give me a new iPod." :)

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
get another replacement, sell it on ebay immediatly and use the $$$ you get to buy a brand new 5th generation ipod. that's what i'd do.