Horrible Mac Mini review by an MSCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadam

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2002
If you believe Apple’s marketing department, the new Mini is “smaller than most packs of gum” and weighs “less than four quarters”. Well, we received our test unit from Apple yesterday, and let me say right off the bat that those claims are a wee bit of an exaggeration. Far from being Trident-sized, the Mini actually measures about 6.5”x6.5”x2”, about the size of two wonderbread cheese sandwiches stacked on top of each other, or about 50 packs of Bubble Yum. As for the weight, it feels about three pounds. Hold a Mini in one hand and four quarters in the other and tell me which one feels heavier. You could perform this experiment yourself at an Apple store.
LOL

Confused the iPod Shuffle with the Mac Mini have we?

Comment

apple2991

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2004
...or I could grab an equally stylish, full-featured eMachine at the gas station with a bag of chips for less than half the Mini's price, with the added benefit of being able to run Windows XP. Decisions, decisions.
Added BENEFIT?! As much as I might agree with SOME arguments on price/use comparisons to SOME non-Mac PCs (particularly when it comes to building your own box), I have never, EVER heard any one of my die-hard XP/Linux friends say OS X is inferior to XP. Regardless of whether or not they use Macs or like Apple, they all admit that they would run OS X.

I'm not a vengeful person, but I really hope he buys that eMachine. He deserves it.

Comment

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Read the article as if he actually likes OSX and the Mini and you'll see the humor.

Comment

jadam

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2002
Hah, after finishing that article, I say its great!

Comment
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.