Horrible noise emitting from MacBook Pro speakers.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Appdict, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Appdict macrumors regular

I recently got a brand new 17' unibody MacBook Pro. Although it was brand new, there have been a flare ups. The last time I had the problem, (note: it is always while watching a YouTube video) this is what I captured before quickly closing the window. http://grab.by/1Gjt

That was New Years day. The first time I experienced this problem, I got nothing on the YouTube player and while skipping throughout the video to get it to stream, a noise that can't even be explained screamed out of the computers speakers. Today, I just had the same problem. I have no clue what it is except that I do know it comes from the speakers. Could anyone elaborate on if something similar has happened to you?

If you need any further clarification, I'll be glad to help.

Thanks,
    Kyle.

2. m85476585 macrumors 65816

I think I know the sound, but I can't remember where I would have heard it. Probably not from my MBP. It could very well just be corruption in the video caused by not completely loading or if it was interrupted while streaming (most likely by the network connection not keeping up). Does it ever happen with anything besides youtube?

Why does the player bar for your Youtube look different?

3. Appdict thread starter macrumors regular

No clue, actually. It has been like that for several days. And yes, it is only YouTube. I suppose it could be the video corrupting while streaming, but the thing is I have never seen (or heard) such a thing on any computer I've used until I got this machine.

4. hackum macrumors regular

Try reinstalling the Flash player and/or a different browser.