Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nsknike

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2005
I'm currently running on a Late 2009 27" iMac i7.

Okay, so I play WoW a lot. My guild uses Ventrillo like most other guilds do. During weekdays and afternoons on the weekend, I get around 30-40ms on both Ventrillo and WoW, all the time, never a hic up. But recently, the last two months, on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights, my ping on Ventrillo jumps up to around 10k and my WoW ping sits at just around 2k.

I have tried resetting my router, and my modem. I have called my ISP a couple times about this, and they see no signal lose at all.

I was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem, or if anyone knows a way to fix this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

chiefroastbeef

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
It could be just more people are logged on using more bandwidth. Here in Hong Kong, the nights on weekends are quite slow. During the World Cup, it was absolutely horrible because everyone was streaming the soccer games online.

nsknike

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2005
That's what I would think too, but when I do speed tests on speedtest.net its never different. I always get the exact same numbers, no matter when I run the test.

macrumors 68020
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
Probably the blizzard servers are overloaded especially one with a high population. . . The times you mention are peak playing times for wow

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.