Horrible Ringtone Quality

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Rocko1, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Well the poor ringtone-custom or purchased-sound quality is back in IOS6. It's not only a lower quality sound the volume is greatly reduced. Anyone else notice this?

2. Rocko1 thread starter macrumors 68020

Rocko1

3. TheRealPorkchop macrumors regular

TheRealPorkchop

I just found your post, yea I've noticed the same problem. All my AC/DC stuff sounded so crisp and clear on my i4 with 5.1.1, still does.

However, on my 4S with 6, it does sound funny, muffled almost. What I really love the best about iOS 6 though is how for every single text I get, it plays the notification sound twice. One message, two tones... awesome. Seems the list just keeps growing for problems with iOS6 but Apple won't ever acknowledge them, if anything they'll just disappear in a future update (maybe).

4. Rocko1 thread starter macrumors 68020

Rocko1

It took them two revisions in IOS 5 to fix the ringtone, now it's back.

5. TheRealPorkchop macrumors regular

TheRealPorkchop

Well you got plenty of people complaining here, got piles of people doing it on the Apple Support Forums and I'm sure all over other places as well, many probably not even on the internet voicing their complaints yet.

Apple will fix it... how long remains a question. The bigger question is why they just don't open signing of 5.1.1 again and let people downgrade to it until the problems with iOS 6 are fixed. I've said that same sentence 250 times in the last few days, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. I've sent a truckload of email to Apple, they claim they read it but I'm beginning to wonder, cause I've asked them and they don't respond either.

So in the meantime, you and I and whoever else is experiencing the ringtone issue will just have to suffer and wait. The people with map complaints, they'll just have to wait too or follow Cook's advice and suggestions. The people with chipping issues, they'll just have to buy an OtterBox and deal with it too. Everyone with any issue will just have to suck it up and deal with it until Apple releases another update that will hopefully fix the software issues. People with hardware issues are just gonna be SOL I guess.