Horrible Screen Bleed..?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DevinPitcher, Jul 31, 2009.

1. DevinPitcher macrumors regular

Note: Sorry about the blurry images. My camera does that without its flash. :confused:

My MacBook Pro has this issue with its screen, where it's like a spotlighting pattern. It has been reapired once, but I have the same issue with the new screen I just got today. Any ideas what it could be?
    AppleCare is sending out a box, so they are taking a look at it, but anyone have this problem as well? You can only really notice it in a dark area (where I work).

Attached Files:

2. eliteneo macrumors member

i wouldn't worry about it, applecare does a great job with fixing mac's with no hassle

3. Jottle macrumors 6502

I've got some bad news. This spotlighting is considered normal for these screens. Some show it more than others when you turn up the backlight. Do a search on the forum for backlight bleed. There are people who will post after me saying they have absolutely perfect screen with no backlighting bleed on a black screen, but they're very lucky. Almost all of the new mbp led screens show this pattern to a greater or lesser extent. Somehow Apple thinks this is an improvement over CCD lighting. What your'e seeing is the individual leds. Of course, you shouldn't be able to see these led under normal viewing conditions. That would be a defect. Your new screen looks identical because they all will do this. I wouldn't bother getting a new one, lest you risk getting a stuck pixel etc.

4. DevinPitcher thread starter macrumors regular

Well, that sucks. I had to get this uMBP because Apples repair center destroyed my old style MBP, and now I get shoddy screens. My old MBP's screen was beautiful: no dead or stuck pixels, and no banding or backlight issues. I miss it. A lot.

:( Very dissatisfied with this exchange. :(

5. mainomega macrumors 6502

My new 17" umbp also shows this kind of problem... you really have to try to see it ... even force yourself to see it. But coming from a 17" SR mbp the new screen is just AMAZING so i can't really complain.

6. jpma macrumors 6502

that's far too much to accept it for my opinion.
    suffering from this time of backlighting is acceptable but not when it is this worst.

that is not what we pay for.