Horrible WiFi Interference

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jlpoore89, Aug 4, 2010.

1. jlpoore89 macrumors 6502

So I have had the Logitech Z-5500's since September and have never had this problem until just now, but for those of you familiar with the system you'll know what I mean by the Control Module(CM), if not it's the thing with the volume knob and screen. It is what actually contains the circuitry for the digital to analog conversion and the DTS/Dolby surround sound hardware.

Anyways, recently my WiFi connection has been horrible if not non-existent, with either being unable to connect to my network or if I am lucky enough to connect I can't load anything. Well I thought it was the 12 South BookArc that I have for my MBP because when I lifted my MBP out of it my webpage would instantly load. But that couldn't have been it because I have been using it since Christmas with no problems until now. Then one day I accidentally moved the CM away from my MBP while the net wouldn't load and it instantly loaded.

I have never had this problem until the past month or so and before that my MBP sat next to the CM and my PS3 while I was in school with no problems.

Do y'all think I should call Logitech and see if they could do anything?

2. ctyhntr macrumors 6502

ctyhntr

What channel is your wifi set to run on? You'll get interference if your neighbors are running their wifi on the same channel.

If you don't have any other wifi broadcasting in the area, another possibility is radio frequency interference. 2.4 GHz cordless phones, microwave ovens, or even from the speaker unit itself (bad RF filter).