Horrible Wireless Connection under Windows

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TSE, Jan 18, 2009.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Hi guys, I have a previous generation MacBook Pro with Vista and Mac OS X. Under Mac OS X, my wireless connection is fantastic, never drops. In Windows, it always only gets 2 bars and frequently disconnects. I don't do anything new to the laptop besides the fact that it is under Windows.

Anyone know how I can fix it?

2. RexTraverse macrumors 6502

You installed and then updated the Boot Camp drivers, right?

3. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

Yes, I think I did. The trackpad and sound and everything else works like it should.

4. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

youve updated to the latest bootcamp drivers as new ones come out all the time of course?

5. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

From the apple software updater? Yes. It always wants to update Quicktime and Safari, though. :rolleyes:

6. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

It's funny - mine are the reverse and I seem to get 300 mhz reception with XP even at 2.4 ghz..

7. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

I have sort of the same problem.

Under OSX, the connection is fantastic and almost never drops. Under Vista, the reception is a little weaker and sometimes requires me to move closer to my router or disconnect and then reconnect.

I'm not sure how to fix this, so it's just something that I live with. The disconnect-reconnect thing is good enough for the time being. Sorry I don't have anything to say that can help you.

8. cathyy macrumors 6502a