Horrible Yellow Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by warriorz, Sep 22, 2014.

1. warriorz macrumors regular

Just got my 6 4.7inch. Yes it has a horrible yellow. I just can't be bothered to go through the hassle of returning it. So fed up with Apple Quality Control. Anyone else? What do you plan to do, refund, exchange, keep?

2. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

If it bothers you, bring it back to the apple store and have them replace it.

/thread

3. warriorz thread starter macrumors regular

"I just can't be bothered to go through the hassle of returning it. So fed up with Apple Quality Control."

Making a comment/ observation on Apple QC. Seeing if anyone else is in the same boat, what they plan to do..

4. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

I had the same problem with the iPad Air multiple times. Went through 3.

Hope I don't get the same thing if I get a 6+

5. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Apple sold 10 million phones in 72 hours. If every active user on these forums posted a complaint like this, Apple QC would still be incredible.

6. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

So keep it and enjoy the yellow tint.

7. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I went through similar situation for my iPad mini retina a couple of times. But after 5 times, I gave up and just decided to keep it but returned it because I got the 6+. Mine does not have the yellow tint.

If it really bothers you, you should just get it exchanged. If you can deal with it and live with it just keep it. Just keep in mind that you may end up going through a few of the just to get a good one.

8. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Exchange it. Apple has replacement units that are not part of their regular inventory. You, most likely, will get a new one on spot w/o having to wait, especially for the 6.

9. usmaak macrumors regular

Apple and their yellow screens. I had this issue with several iPad 3s, before I got one that wasn't as bad. If it bothers you, it's probably not going to not bother you in the future. Just get it replaced. I have been following all of the "issues reports" since the new iPhone came out, and for once, yellow screens doesn't seem like a big thing. Seems like you stand a good chance of getting a non-yellow one.

10. warriorz thread starter macrumors regular

Relax please it's an Apple forum, users make comments about Apple products, especially huge releases like the iP6.

Thanks

11. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

I have been plauged with yellow screens for every device in the last 3 -4 years.
    I am very sensitive to the yellow hue and can spot it immediately.

With that said, I bought 3 iPhones this weekend 2 6+ and a 6. None of them have a yellow screen. In fact the whites are so white it I catch myself just staring at the white backgrounds of things. Also I have not noticed many "yellow screens" threads here. Maybe, just maybe apple has got their act together with the displays.

I think your device is the exception rather than the norm this year. Take a chance and replace it.

12. warriorz thread starter macrumors regular

Well yeah, that's what I mean about the hassle/ can't be bothered. Shouldn't be like they though. We paid hundreds, often thousands for our Apple tech and this iPhone release. Think it's a shame, quite disappointing but it's just that the time and energy you have to put in to get it changed and so on, especially when you're busy or have really important priorities, leaves me questioning whether it's worth it. But don't get me wrong I do want to.

13. wxman2003 Suspended

You do realize if Apple QC'ed all 10 million sold this weekend, we would not see the 6 until sometime in 2017. When you mass produce, you are going to have some lemons get by. That's why you can exchange. It's no fun getting a lemon, but there are remedies.

14. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

I returned my iPad Air for a refund. Wasn't worth it for me.

They should just check the temperature of the devices quickly on the line. I'm sure they could do that.

15. warriorz thread starter macrumors regular

Wish it just got delivered with s bright white screen! Only got it today!

----------

Yup they surely can, don't know why they dont, just standardised the temp before the production step.

16. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

How many replies do you need before you realize that you posted with the question (taking time to do that (?) ) - and, so far, few are commiserating with you…

With literally 10s of millions being manufactured in a short time, some few defects WILL slip through. QC at that volume will not be 100%, but will be a graduated sample. You got "lucky" with getting a defective one.
    If it's "horrible" and "yellow", then (in your eyes) it's defective - return it…

Seems like a waste of time to try to get opinions here, when the only one that really counts is your own. :D

17. dcorban macrumors 6502a

dcorban

I'd like to see photos of this "horrible" screen that is so "horrible" yet tolerable enough to be acceptable on a $1000 device that will be stared at for hours every day for two years.

18. warriorz thread starter macrumors regular

It's off contract. Thanks.

----------

Yeah thanks I'll play with it for a couple of weeks, maybe less, then see how I feel.

19. shaunmed macrumors regular

how bout a picture of this mysterious yellow screen?

20. lenard macrumors 6502

Everytime Apple releases a phone or laptop or display someone gets the yellow screen. Got to say that I have been using Apple products since 1984 and have not gotten bad product yet, I have had a LOT of Apple products, just about every computer every iPhone every Apple TV, I have been lucky

21. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I'm going with the "pics or it didn't happen". :D

22. dcorban macrumors 6502a

dcorban

I'm not sure what that has to do with the topic or my reply. I said "two years" because most people will replace their phone at that time, contract or not.

Just to be clear, I was referring to "off contract", hence my $1000 price quote.I was giving a rough estimate of the price you paid based on my $970 cost after tax for the unlocked 64GB phone.

I, and others, are still waiting for photos of the horrible screen.

23. warriorz thread starter macrumors regular

Bored of confrontational poster like you.
    Ruin the forum experience.
    =Ignore
    Bye.

----------

And thanks to all the other civilised posters for your constructive input and thoughts. Much appreciated.