horror stories

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by jamesapp, Jul 3, 2008.

1. jamesapp macrumors 6502a

i recently purchased a macbook pro laptop.
    i was fooling around with my scripts folder. And i had moved mail scripts, by clicking and dragging the folder, from my Application folder to my sidebar. I was moving the mail scripts folder to my sidebar in order to be able to more easily save a script which i had gotten from the internet. From what i remember i started to click and drag the scripts folder(i don't know if by clicking and dragging if it creates a copy or not) but i let it go before moving it to the sidebar and it ended up somewhere else on my computer. So i then had mail scripts in my sidebar and somewhere else on my computer, this was a while ago and i am not sure exactly how it happend, but i think i had made a copy of mail scripts and put the copy into some directory, i went to throw out mail scripts from some directory. Probally not where it belonged. Anyway i put mail scripts into my trash, i then went and through out my trash. I was assuming that i had it in my sidebar. I didn't realize that the icon of mail scripts that was in my sidebar was an aliase! Right away i felt sick, like i had just done something wrong. I just wondered if anyone else has a similar story?

2. Greencardman macrumors 6502

I thought the software that came with my hard drive was for backing up. Turns out it only syncs your data between drives. I reinstalled my operating system and formatted my hard drive because the dell guy told me to (apparently I had to try this before they would send someone out). Then when I tried to get all my data back it told me it wasn't the same computer and I couldn't do it. so for future notice, syncing your data does not back it up.