"Host Unreachable" error when trying to install 3g unrestrictor...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by XMike17, Oct 11, 2009.

1. XMike17 macrumors newbie

I paid for this app a long time ago, took a break from jailbreaking, and now with the new blackra1n, decided to jailbreak again.

So I install Cydia and it recognizes my iPhone and says install because I already bought it.

Then I click to download and get "Host Unreachable" when I try to download it, any suggestions :(

2. Goodeye macrumors 6502a

Goodeye

Keep trying I have had that issue before I think Cydia is getting slammed with all the requests to the servers etc today.

Though be lucky you were even able to jailbreak on 3.1.2 I keep going into a recovery loop

3. XMike17 thread starter macrumors newbie

oh man that sucks =/ I was on official 3.1.2, used my bootcamp'd XP. Restored in iTunes, then ran blackra1n and it JB'd, then I restarted in mac mode and sync'd my songs/apps. Hope it gets fixed, I've been frustrated like that before

4. ihonda macrumors 68000

hmm i upgraded thru itunes9 and didnt have to resync any of my apps or music.. it was weird.

5. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

That's because you upgraded to 3.1.2, not restored to it. If you just click upgrade in iTunes it patches your current firmware with updates. You need to restore if you want a brand new version of 3.1.2.

6. lilngineer macrumors newbie

Try it with a WIFI connection on the phone. I did that and it immediately worked.

I updated to the latest carrier update through iTunes and I have a feeling it is blocking the BigBoss server.

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Carrier update should have no effect on WiFi connection thru Cydia.

Cydia is just getting hit like crazy due to Blackra1n and all the new and re-done jailbreaks.

8. lilngineer macrumors newbie

I think you misunderstood me. I was unable to install 3G Unrestrictor while on the 3G network. I got the host unavailable message.

I switched to WIFI and it worked immediately.

I think the carrier update is blocking the host server on 3G.

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Unless I can't read, nowhere in your OP does it say you were trying this on a 3G connection.

Maybe I should not have assumed, but Cydia is usually accessed only thru WiFi due to much quicker downloads and reloads of the repos.