Hosting advice

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by JudasBlitzkrieg, Feb 19, 2013.

1. JudasBlitzkrieg macrumors member

Hi there

Got a question for you all. It may be stupid, it may not be, but I need an answer regardless :)

I am making a business pitch at work soon for a new company developed iPhone app to assist our sales teams. At the minute, their deal information is provided as an excel extract from a master opportunity management tool that they don't have direct access to. The app I am wanting to pitch would allow them all to have centralized access to this file but also be able to make on the fly updates to deals that their colleagues could then work from.

Now, bearing in mind I'm working within the constraints of my company's network and their security policies, we are restricted in the methods of hosting we have. At the minute, the two best bets that I can see to host this file is either MS SharePoint 2010 or Skydrive (both of which are approved and in use over our network).

In a high level way, is it possible for an iOS app to be written which can connect to files hosted on Skydrive/Sharepoint and allow for read and write activities?

Thanks

2. Kashsystems macrumors 6502

You can use SOAP to work with Sharepoint on IOS. I do not know if Skydrive offers an api to access through IOS yet.