Hosting GoDaddy with .Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aditghai, Jul 4, 2009.

1. aditghai macrumors regular

aditghai

I just bought a domain name with GoDaddy and built a website with iWeb. I turned on forwarding and masking to my url given to me by iWeb.

I also changed the CNAME to web.mac.com

Now,
    I have a unique problem.
    When I type in www.adityaghai.com, it gives a prompt saying that idisk.mac.com is asking for a password. However, when I type in the URL without the www, i.e adityaghai.com-It works fine.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. GoDaddyGuy macrumors newbie

GoDaddyGuy

I went to your site and the issue you describe appears to be resolved. Let us know if you still need assistance with this.

3. aditghai thread starter macrumors regular

aditghai

Yeah,
    It was trial and error, but it works now

Thank you

4. barryuk macrumors newbie

Domain Forwarding with GoDaddy and iWeb

I have previously used another domain name with GoDaddy and it worked ok with iWeb. However, I have recently changed the domain name and closely followed the instructions to configure the details on MobileME, CNAME record to web.me.com.
    I also parked the domain as GoDaddy suggested as well as forwarded the domain. GoDaddy told me to wait 2 days, but four days later and I still get the following error message:

Safari can’t open the page “http://www.barriemahoney.es/” because Safari can’t find the server “www.barriemahoney.es”.

GoDaddy say that the settings are correct and that the problem must be elsewhere -- but where?! Any ideas? Many thanks!

5. GoDaddyGuy macrumors newbie

GoDaddyGuy

barryuk,

It sounds like the domain is not forwarding properly. Try updating your IP address to our forwarding IP using this help article -http://help.godaddy.com/article/5289

It will take some time for the forwarding to become active. Let me know if this does the trick!