Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SolInvictus19

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2009

Okay, Wow. I really am just that stupid. Aperently its caps sensitive -.-

Allright I've done all 3 steps. Are my hosting problems solved?

SolInvictus19

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2009

Got another problem.

After completing these, when I try to connect to battle.net I get this message

"Unable to Validate game version. Please reconnect to Battle.net or apply the current game patch manually.

Halp :O

imassents

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
I have no idea what causes that error, however the only way to fix it is reinstalling Warcraft. The best way to prevent needing to reinstalling is to backup the file "Warcraft III.app", so it can be restored without reinstalling.

Reinstall Warcraft and patch to 1.21b first, then patch to 1.23 (to avoid another issue. Links to the patches can be found here:
1.21b

After it is installed, create yourself a backup of the "Warcraft III.app" file. You may also like to set the OS X firewall to allow all incoming connections to see if this issue can be prevented in the future.

Fungie

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2007
Newcastle
ATTENTION: WC3 players on Mac

Ok guys so I've had all the problems in the world with playing/hosting on battle.net on my iMac and I have NOT found any solutions. So I tried bootcamp vista - my iMac broke down after a few months of triumphant playing but failed hosting! so I'd recommend all to just play on OS X and forget about hosting :S

Bootcamp doesn't really work that well - I'm not the only case of "white screen" around, it's a real pain in the ass cuz it takes ages to get it fixed at the reseller but the joy is u don't end up losing ur data...

Zerkoth

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2009
OK so I have something weird going on. I have a Windows computer with a Linksys Wireless connector connecting to an Airport in our office. Airports are used for macs mainly, as i believe... But I have a laptop near the Airport and I've checked and I can find nothing on a Firewall. When I look at my Windows settings I can change stuff around with a Firewall. What I want is access to the Airport Firewall (if that exists) and once i find that i can mess around with it and learn how to host Warcraft 3 games. :D

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
Ok guys so I've had all the problems in the world with playing/hosting on battle.net on my iMac and I have NOT found any solutions. So I tried bootcamp vista - my iMac broke down after a few months of triumphant playing but failed hosting! so I'd recommend all to just play on OS X and forget about hosting :S

Bootcamp doesn't really work that well - I'm not the only case of "white screen" around, it's a real pain in the ass cuz it takes ages to get it fixed at the reseller but the joy is u don't end up losing ur data...

It is as simple as opening port 6112 or whatever default port Warcraft 3 wants to use. I have been hosting games forever. I have never had any problems running warcraft 3

Zerkoth

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2009
Continuing

I get that you just need to open port 6112, which i've already done on my Windows Firewall, but i need to know a step by step walkthrough on how to open the port on my Airport while using the mac.

imassents

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
You need to use Airport Admin Utility which is found in the Utilities folder (or install the Windows version of it found on your Airport CD). Once logged into your Airport, go Advanced->Port Mapping and set up a custom rule for port 6112 TCP.
airportj.png

Zerkoth

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2009
Well i went there and opened teh port but it wouldnt let me select custom. i did however elt me wirte a description so i out "Warcraft." this didn't work, though, i still cant host

imassents

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
Check the Windows Firewall. Go to Start->Control Panel then I think it's either firewall or security center. In the firewall section will be a tab of exceptions, add war3.exe (in the Warcraft folder) as an exception and possibly add in a separate rule to allow port 6112 TCP through.

Also, check the IP address. Go to Start->Run and type in 'cmd' and hit enter. At the prompt in the black window, type in "ipconfig". This will list a set of IP addresses that your connections are using. Find the one label Linksys and use this IP address in the Airport utility port mapping rule.

And custom is not selectable - it will choose itself when the other details are added.

Zerkoth

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2009
Another problem

Now I went to the cmd and i put in ipconfig but it doesnt have an IP labeled Linksys!

ASmallProblem

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2009
I'm also having a problem with hosting on Warcraft 3 with my MBP.
On my windows computer I've got it all set up and it's working fine, but on my MBP I'm unable to. I'm somewhat new to the world of Macs (at least compared to Windows) and really cannot figure this out.

For what it's worth, I've already forwarded the ports, the firewall has been set to allow incoming connections.

Any help would be great :)

imassents

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
Did you still require your Windows PC to host as well, or are you going to just be hosting on your MBP?

ASmallProblem

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2009
Being able to host on both would be preferable, but as long as I could change back and fourth between the two it would be fine.

imassents

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
Ok. Log into your router and look at the existing port forward rule for your PC. This rule should only cover the port 6112 TCP. If it is set for a range of 6112-6119 adjust it to just 6112.

Then load up Warcraft on the PC and go to Options->Gameplay and confirm that the Gameport is set to 6112 to match this rule. Once this is done, it should still be able to host.

On your Mac, you should assign it a static IP address. Go to System Preferences->Network and click the top most connection. On the right it will say this "Ethernet is currently active and has the IP address [xx.xx.xx.xx]". Change the drop down menu from Using DHCP to Using DHCP with manual address. Enter the IP address that is listed at the top [xx.xx.xx.xx] then click apply.

Provided everything worked out, your internet should still function. If not restore your network setting to what they were.

Next up, your Mac will need an almost identical rule to the PC in the router. Log into it and mimic the rule however use port 6113 TCP in place or port 6112 TCP and use your Macs IP address [xx.xx.xx.xx]. Save the change in the router.

Open up Warcraft on the Mac and go to Options->Gameplay and change the Gameport to 6113 to match the rule.

Once all that is done, it should work. If not, go to System Preferences->Security->Firewall and set either Allow all incoming connections, or Set access for specific services and applications. If you opted for the second one, add in Warcraft III.app into the list of allowed programs by clicking the '+'.

Gear-second

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2009
proper hosting

i have no problems with anyone joining when i create a game as a host.
but how do get programs such DR or refresher or ping??
is there one that works on a mac?

please help

Tomorulez

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2009
Sorry i dont excalty know about port's and all that still trying to learn. so how do you open port 6112? :) or how do i access my router?

chill.

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2008
i have no problems with anyone joining when i create a game as a host.
but how do get programs such DR or refresher or ping??
is there one that works on a mac?

please help

LC/DR are both windows only. there are banlist programs for mac, which have refresher and ping though

Sorry i dont excalty know about port's and all that still trying to learn. so how do you open port 6112? :) or how do i access my router?

type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of your browser, that is the most likely ip

iwantcod4

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2009
I've specified for my fire wall to especially allowed wc3.. what else should I do i've also done the static IP part, and using manual DHCP etc. still can't host and I've been wanting tohost for ages...

I have an apple airport extreme which i assume is my router as its on the router list on portforward

in airport utility ive allowed all ports 6112 - 6119 altho i've notcied it doesn't ask to specify UDP/TCP ?

Is there anyway where I can specify this?

appreciate any help !

Gulzt

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2010
I've specified for my fire wall to especially allowed wc3.. what else should I do i've also done the static IP part, and using manual DHCP etc. still can't host and I've been wanting tohost for ages...

I have an apple airport extreme which i assume is my router as its on the router list on portforward

in airport utility ive allowed all ports 6112 - 6119 altho i've notcied it doesn't ask to specify UDP/TCP ?

Is there anyway where I can specify this?

appreciate any help !

Works for me (same router). Could it be your modem is still blocking those ports?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.