Hosting on WC3:TFT

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Monkey13boy, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Monkey13boy macrumors newbie

I just recently got TFT (I've had ROC for a long time), and with all the new custom games that comes with TFT I want to host really badly. However, I know nothing about computers other than the fact that you can play Warcraft on them. ^_^ Can somebody give me a step by step way make it so I can host? If so, thank you!

Edit:

One of my friends said I should put what my router is up here, so here it goes...

Linksys Wireless A+G Broadband Router, Model- WRT55AG . Once again thank you!

2. Freyqq macrumors 68040

check the blizzard support site

you need to open a port

3. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

That would be TCP Port 6112. Open it up in both your router and your Sharing option in system preferences.

4. GamerNeedHelp macrumors newbie

wat about if u have an at&t 2wire gateway??? how do u host with that?? im plugged in the wall and i port forwarded already but it doesnt seem to work

5. pccking macrumors newbie

UDP 6112 is for the broadcast packet that announces the presense of a game; or seeks any hosted games. After a client has found the game through the UDP 6112 packet, it would establish a TCP connection at port 6112.

Hence BOTH UDP and TCP port 6112 have to be allowed at the router and the local firewall.

6. GamerNeedHelp macrumors newbie

uhm in that case how would u do it for ur router??? maybe i didnt do it right lol sorry for being such a newblet lol

7. pccking macrumors newbie

Pls help yourself:

>> http://portforward.com/routers.htm

8. OZMP macrumors 6502

allow ROC and TFT in your firewall follwing the directions of blizzard... no responsibility is taken by me or this forum