Hosting specs for chat App

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Brisk Utils, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Brisk Utils macrumors newbie

We are in the process of developing new chat App for iOS.

The chat App will have rooms, so multiple users can be online and chat, the expected number of users will be 5,000,000 users online, and could be more in the future.

I would appreciate if someone with experience recommend for us what hosting server specs we should have?

2. Hansr macrumors 6502a

Something that scales massively and is billed per usage? AWS or Google Apps?

3. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

The problem you'll face asking that question on a public forum is there's only a small number of humans on the planet who have developed an application like yours. And, of the people who are doing it right now, many are still employed at the company that owns the software. These companies are now known as your competitors.

Go to the cloud!

Best wishes!

4. Brisk Utils thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Mr. DustinT for the advice..

The idea of a Forum, is to share information with people you don't know, as if you know them, you can contact them directly.

Even if i didn't get people to answer my query, other people with the same interest may contact me if they come to the same issue, so it will remain as a reference for Chat application for the iPhone.

Have a nice day !