Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hurleyint1386

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
So I;ve got Leopard Server up and running, and I've got a Leopard image successfully working on it, however I have some computers that cannot handle Leopard, so I'd like to install Tiger instead. I tried using the System Image Utility, but I can't do anything but Leopard images/disks. I've been told that using Tiger server, I could create a Tiger image then copy it over to the NetBootSP0 folder, but I don't have Tiger server, I only have Leopard server, and I'd hate to drop some more money on Tiger server just for booting Tiger. If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

Chris R

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Hi,

bombich.com . NetRestore and Netrestore helper are much better than the built-in tools IMHO.

You can create PPC and Intel Netboot images with ARD support (I've never be able to get Universal to work), OF passwords, etc. Then use the most up to date machine in its class to create 10.3, 10.4, and 10.5 master images with netrestore helper. If you create the PPC Netboot image with a 10.4 client, and the Intel Netboot image with a 10.5 client and they are both active in Server admin, then you can hold down N, and the PPC will automatically boot to the 10.4 PPC netboot, while the Intels will automatically boot to the 10.5 Netboot. Which images are available to each are determined by the "disk images" folder created by netrestore and appear in a drop down menu.

Hope this helps,

-Chris

hurleyint1386

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
Hi,

bombich.com . NetRestore and Netrestore helper are much better than the built-in tools IMHO.

You can create PPC and Intel Netboot images with ARD support (I've never be able to get Universal to work), OF passwords, etc. Then use the most up to date machine in its class to create 10.3, 10.4, and 10.5 master images with netrestore helper. If you create the PPC Netboot image with a 10.4 client, and the Intel Netboot image with a 10.5 client and they are both active in Server admin, then you can hold down N, and the PPC will automatically boot to the 10.4 PPC netboot, while the Intels will automatically boot to the 10.5 Netboot. Which images are available to each are determined by the "disk images" folder created by netrestore and appear in a drop down menu.

Hope this helps,

-Chris

Thanks, but not really what I'm looking for. I think I need to just get Tiger server since it can host both Tiger and Leopard images. Thanks anyways

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.