hostmonster

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Aranince, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Aranince macrumors 65816

Does anyone use www.hostmonster.com? For $6 a month it seems like a great deal....almost too great to be true. Is there a way to check if its legit?

2. AstrayCliche macrumors member

Searching google for HostMonster brings up a lot of suspicious websites reviewing them. All of them rating the company very highly, but how can you trust www.hostmonster-the-review.com and the thousands of similiar domains/websites? I personally wouldn't trust this.

3. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

I compleatly agree, With Astray. It is very suspicious.

4. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

I actually use hostmonster for my websites.

Hosting Review

I'm happy with their service so far (recently moved to them). They use 'cpanel' which is blisteringly easy to use. I've got lots of space and loads of bandwidth for very little money. Previously I was using a UK company and was tired of paying lots and getting little. I've not experienced any downtime since I've been with them.

5. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

the problem with these companies is that they oversell their services, sometimes to the point that their servers break under pressure of running Apache at 99% CPU for months, usually in the crappiest, cheapest datacentre imaginable.

go with someone who's highly recommended. lots of forum members use ASO (asmallorange). i haven't used them because i have colocated servers, but if i was starting out i certainly would, on the recommendations i see again and again here.

6. awaisuk macrumors member

I have used hostmonster for 2 years and yes they are legit and a very good company!

If you need good and cheap hosting i suggest you go with them right away!

7. MCRunning macrumors 6502

I love sites that advertise:

LIKE SERIOUSLY? I'm not even going to comment on that.

8. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

That caught my eye, too.

So I checked the Better Business Bureau and found:

http://utah.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=139&bbb=1166&firm=22168879

They are satifactory rated, they're not accredited with the BBS and handled 5 complaints in the last 36 months and 2 within last year. Of the 5 complaints, 3 consumers failed to acknowledge acceptance of the resolution to the BBB. I'd be cautious and seek more reviews and feedback about this company just to be sure.

-jim