Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
doesn't look like it.

why not give Quicksilver a try? it's an application launcher that lets you select "triggers" to launch various applications (like F1 for Safari, F2 for Adium, etc.).

manic

macrumors regular
May 29, 2006
its pretty obvious he means launch/ bring to front. Dont think it can be done, though

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
It seems like clicking on the Finder icon is pretty easy. Is there something I'm missing that hot corners would add?

XP Defector

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
Just think it would have been cool if you could use hot corners for more than screensaver or dashboard. I use finder a hundred times a day so it would simply just be easier than clicking on it or clicking desktop and then the keyboard shortcut. I would use this hot corner much more than start screensaver, for example.

I think Apple should develope hotcorners, as they are a really neat feature. I'm think maybe holding down the apple button whilst you move your cursor into the corners of the screen could open the capacity to have secondary hot corners. If you see what I mean.

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
XP Defector said:
Just think it would have been cool if you could use hot corners for more than screensaver or dashboard. I use finder a hundred times a day so it would simply just be easier than clicking on it or clicking desktop and then the keyboard shortcut. I would use this hot corner much more than start screensaver, for example.

I think Apple should develope hotcorners, as they are a really neat feature. I'm think maybe holding down the apple button whilst you move your cursor into the corners of the screen could open the capacity to have secondary hot corners. If you see what I mean.

Are hot corners for Expose not enough?

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
If you're just accessing the desktop, then "Show desktop" should be fine. I use that all the time. Dunno what more you want, but you can't get it without finding/making some other app to achieve that result.

jW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.