Hot corners do not work any more

Discussion in 'macOS' started by snipper, Aug 1, 2015.

1. snipper, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015

snipper macrumors regular

snipper

My Macbook Pro (late 2013) running OS X 10.10.4 Yosemite, doesn't respond to Hot Corners any more.

Also, if an application, for example Safari, is set to full screen, basically forming a second (or third, fourth, etc) desktop, the focus keeps stuck there. If I change (CMD-Tab) the focus back to another application, for example Mail, the screen keept showing full screen Safari and doesn't follow back to the main desktop where the Mail window is.

I already tried:
    • logging out and in the user account
    • restarting the Finder, restarting OS X
    • repairing rights while starting up from another partition
    • changing Hot Corners settings, Mission Control settings
    • deleting the Dock .plist
    • resetting the RMC, PRAM
    Also:
    • I can get back to the main screen / first Desktop with CMD-1 but going back to the full screen application only works with a 4-finger horizontal swipe.
    • Exposé works via CTRL-F3 and 4-finger swipe down, Launchpad gesture works.
    • Mission Control 4-finger swipe up and Show Desktop gesture do not work.
    • I noticed Hot Corners work fine with a test account, so it must be something with this account, right?

I've been at this for many hours and running out of ideas. Any thoughts?

BtW I don't use a mouse or special mouse software, so that is not the problem. I do use a Wacom Pro Touch Medium.

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

3. snipper thread starter macrumors regular

snipper

Because the Dock .plist is used for Mission Control, Exposé, hot corners etc if I understand correctly.

I tried deleting Finder .plist never the less but it doesn't solve it.

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Well, I also know that com.apple.systemuiserver.plist is used for Menu items and such. Maybe hot corners too?