Hot #GS, Bad Battery? Read on. New Phone a Coming.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ExpyBob, Jul 7, 2009.

1. ExpyBob macrumors member

Yea, I read some of the threads so decided to start one without lawsuits and threats.

I received my phoneJune 29th. When I first plugged it in the phone charged a bit then became very hot but the battery indicator said 100% and the AC plug was showing.

The battery picture showed 3/4 full or so. So at first I thought the new charger was bad. Used my previous one and the same thing happened.

Then it suddenly returned to normal. I thought, must have been my fault or something.

In the last 8 days I had it, it did this 3 times. But today was even worse.

The phone heated up to the point where it was uncomfortable to even hold, never the less putting it to your face and ear. That would have really hurt.

Since it's only 8 days old I called Apple tech suppoert, they switched me to another department because, as they said, it's a safety concern.

After describing the symptoms as accurately as I could they are overnighting me a new one. Not refurbished.

I've owned the original Iphone for the last two years, and yes, it got warm at times but never HOT.

Apple was very understanding and helpful. Their customer service was number 1 in my book.

No I'm not an employee either, for all the doubting Thomas' out there.

I believe they know there's a problem and they stepped up to the plate without hesitation.

Phone was shipped from CA today and according to tracking # fed ex will be here prior to noon tomorrow.

No need for class action suing or any of that. Just call and they will help.

I showed my buddy the tracking page and even he thought it was a first class approach to make sure their new product is welcomed.

That's it. No more to say.

Bob

2. Killquake macrumors member

I remember once i took my phone in because i didnt recieve calls, they just went straight to voicemail. Upon inspecting it, he found a huge dent on the side which smashed the volume button in and even made the bezel uneven with a gap in it :)rolleyes: two iphones, light saber app=bad) and even though he said it should be out of warranty he walked to the back and brought out a nice new (refurb :p)

I've always been happy with apples customer support