Hot iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hovey, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Hovey macrumors regular

Yesterday I was listening to a live baseball game in my truck. 20 minutes later when I got home, it was extremely hot! Was using a Belkin FM transmitter/charger that I used on my old iPhone. Called Apple today and asked me to test it with an Apple charger.....I've been running streaming video from the same app (MLB) and it is staying cool. So I checked Belkin's website. They have none, ZERO of their transmitters listed as being compatible with iPhone 4. In other words, don't use it if it's not specified to be used with the iPhone 4. Looks like I'll have to get a new FM transmitter

2. phrint macrumors 6502

An Apple Genius advised me to use Apple cords whenever possible because aftermarket solutions often push improper wattage to the iPod/iPhone thus overheating the device. It's not a matter of compatibility but power management. I have a Belkin Express USB car charger for my iPhone but I use the Apple cable instead of the supplied Belkin cable. It makes a huge difference in the heat generated from my iPhone.

3. Hovey thread starter macrumors regular

That's interesting. Seems like manufacturers would be able to figure that out. Or Apple would sell similar products with the Apple brand. Not sure why Apple would sell these in their store though.