iPhone X Hot Iphone X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fthree, May 2, 2018.

1. Fthree macrumors 6502a

For the last week or so my Iphone X has gotten so hot to the touch and the screen has went from bright to dull. This happens generally when I am watching something on it or browsing. When it happens I shut it off for a while and turn it back on (its still hot but cools down when not in use) Today it did it TWICE and I took it to the apple store. They ran a diagnostic test on it and said it was ok. I am puzzled as the temp of the phone is not the same hot as when you use it for more intensive things (software updates, fortnite, etc) its awkwardly hot. Anyone else ran into this?

2. Banglazed macrumors 68020

Banglazed

Are you charging the device while streaming? Are you streaming in full brightness? After an update, the device can be warn due to background activity to index but it will settle after a couple of hours.

I recommend you to adjust brightest to not be maxed out or let auto-brightness do its job and enable low power mode which will restrict power consumption that may lower excessive heat. Maybe, give that a try. Do you have apps in background set it Always location as well?

3. now i see it macrumors 68030

If the sun is shining on the screen while using it, it will get too hot. Using it while plugged in with the battery below 80% will make it hot too. Using a bigger charger than the tiny 5 watt charger will heat it up too.
    Every iOS update will cause the CPU to run full bore for a while - and heat it up too.

4. MEJHarrison macrumors 65816

I had an issue last week where my phone got hot. Not warm from normal usage or really warm from a CPU intensive app or something, but actually "remove it from the case" hot. Mainly up around the camera. Not hot enough to trigger the temperature warning screen, but there was clearly something abnormal going on. I tried a few things, but ultimately it took a reboot to restore things back to normal. Since then it's been fine.

5. now i see it macrumors 68030