Hot iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by redking31591, Aug 20, 2008.

1. redking31591 macrumors 6502

Recently, starting in about the middle of June my 8GB iPod touch has started to get very hot around the dock connector. Should I take it to the Apple store. I got it in the middle February

2. Blakely028 macrumors regular

Blakely028

Hi there, I've had this problem too and was wondering what to do.

Anyone have an idea?

3. redking31591 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. euanmackie macrumors member

same,

Hey guys I also had this, then I turned on my iPod after charging. It was dead ! Took it to my apple store and the said the battery had melted the components close to it. I managed to get out of them a brand new unit :)

5. Heather1 macrumors regular

Heather1

Ugh... reading the title makes me think your gonna post pictures of your ipod with bikini girl sticker on it.

Anyway, yeah. You should at least call up.

6. redking31591 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ha Ha Ha I'm laughing my socks off:rolleyes:

7. nnfaris5 macrumors member

same..^^

yo! i had that prolems a couple of times too!! when i connted to charge the battery into my labtop, it was freezed. i couldnt turn it off so, i brought it to the apple store and i got exchanged to new ipon nano.

8. cokids macrumors member

I read somewhere that Apple had admitted battery malfunctions on some Touches and were going to replace them. If I had this problem, I'd call Apple or go in to a store and see what they will do.

Beth

9. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

June is when the weather warms up. February is still Winter. Could the time of year have anything to do with your Touch's temperature? Leaving is on a window sill in the sunlight? Dashboard of your car maybe?

Just a thought.

10. mixmacface macrumors regular

mixmacface

i noticed when i came to college, and plugged my charger into an older outlet, it heated my ipod up really badly. . so i have to charge it from a surge protector. but i've had the same problem. . it may be the outlet. . try plugging it (the charger) into a surge protector. but if it still reheats. . take it off immediately.