Hot Laptop Body

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thesk1llerz, Jun 2, 2010.

1. thesk1llerz macrumors member

thesk1llerz

Before I say anything else, I know there is one other thread on Macbook pros getting hot. But in my case the whole underside of my laptop gets hot. To a point were even a basic youtube(html5 beta) will be laggy. The only place its not hot, is right under the CD drive. I checked the Activity monitor and the CPU usage was very low. It was so hot, that I couldn't even keep it on my lap. And if I leave it on a wooden desk it only gets a little cooler. :mad:
    ~ Jan (thesk1llerz)
    :apple:

2. Laughingman13 macrumors member

how long did you have the MBP for?

3. diazj3 macrumors 6502a

As long as it's not too hot to touch - and I mean burning hot - it's normal. Perhaps you should get a cooling mat or a lifting fork... but it's normal for MB and MBPs to get hot. You can use Temperature Monitor to measure the heat. Don't worry too much about it.

cheers!

4. thesk1llerz thread starter macrumors member

thesk1llerz

About a month now.

"As long as it's not too hot to touch - and I mean burning hot - it's normal. Perhaps you should get a cooling mat or a lifting fork... but it's normal for MB and MBPs to get hot. You can use Temperature Monitor to measure the heat. Don't worry too much about it."

It has gotten that hot twice, and I don't even use very demanding programs. Safari (youtube, light browsing, some flash player) Garageband, itunes, Skype, and mail app. And I'll use one of the programs mentioned below to check heat.