Hot & Now vs. Cheaper

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AshScache, Mar 12, 2012.

1. AshScache macrumors newbie

I get 5% off from Discover Card if I order the new ipad either through Best Buy or Apple using a Discover Card portal. Catch is, its not valid in PRE orders through Apple. So here are my questions:

Does anyone know when Best Buy will let me "order for pickup" online? Friday at 12:00 am?

Same question for Apple.

2. deeddawg macrumors 603

Well since Apple's site now says "Buy Now" instead of "Preorder Now" you could arguably get the 5%. No telling when they'll open up in-store pick up as an option again.

I don't remember Best Buy allowing online purchase for in-store pickup until weeks after launch last year. You could see if they did/didn't have them in stock at particular stores, but there was not any way to reserve or purchase one online via BestBuy.com

Either way, looks like you'd need to wait a few weeks if you want to save the $25 to $42 you'd get.

Another thought would be to buy in-store from Target and use their REDCard credit card. That gives you 5% discount in store.

3. iMaven macrumors 6502

iMaven

Yep. The pre orders are sold out on the Apple website and Best Buy doesn't allow you to order online and pick up at the store for new iPads. When the purchases slow down and they have iPads in stock, then you can order one to pick up.

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

What did either of them say when you contacted them directly?

5. deeddawg macrumors 603

Tsk tsk tsk. We're all Internet Forum Denizens here. We don't pick up the telephone and talk to real people! :D

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

And that's why the OP still doesn't have a solid answer to his question. ;)