Hot to avoid to ruin my iPad 2 again...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gusanitoverde, Sep 29, 2011.

1. gusanitoverde macrumors 6502

gusanitoverde

Sunday morning, I used my 5 month old iPad 2 to read. In the afternoon, for no reason, it only displayed colored lines all across the display. It was like a live moving curtain of green lines and other colors. Like TV static. I could make some of the shapes of the lock screen. I was able to sync the ipad a last time and send it to Apple for repairs.
    Three days later, Apple sent me a brand new replacement at my door. However, no explanation of what happened to it.

The only thing I did in that Sunday afternoon, was placing my Ipad in a case I used for it for already for 4 months. The interesting thing about the case is that it has these huge magnets in the bottom of the bag to hold the external flap closed. Since the iPad uses magnets in it's cover, I thought one more magnet, What damage can it cause?

Do you think that the magnets in the bag are damaging the iPad?

Do you recommend a nice carrying case that uses no magnets?

Thanks.

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Try to find a netbook sleeve at your local electronics store. I grabbed this one and it works perfectly.

3. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

If Apple's cases use magnets, rest assured they tested it thoroughly. Not that I'd surround the whole iPad in magnets, but I'd feel pretty confidant that cases w/ magnets would be okay. Maybe you just got one that went belly up early - it happens sometimes. However rare.