Hot to open an att account?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iforget123, Jul 10, 2009.

1. iforget123 macrumors newbie

I'm on a family plan, my line's contract is over. My uncle is the person who manages the accounts. He's pretty busy and asked me to go with my Aunt to the Apple store. If I go with my aunt will she be able to open the account or do I have to go with my uncle?
    Since they're married she has his SS, credit card and all the info. She can also call him in case they need anything.

2. macunwired macrumors member

macunwired

I am pretty sure it has to be the account holder.

I would call the Apple store you are going to go to and ask them.

3. compg318 macrumors regular

Usually they will give you a hard time, as they did when I went as an authorized user.

If anything, I would make sure she is an authorized person to make changes to the account and call ahead.

4. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

You'll have better luck at an AT&T store. Lately Apple has been known for only allowing the account holder to purchase iPhones.

5. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Why don't you call the store you are going to and ask them? Seriously...

6. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

With Verizon I was able to move my # to a separate account from my family's over the phone, they did need to speak to my father at some point during that process though. I'd expect you'd be able to do it over the phone with AT&T as well.

7. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

Pretty strict laws governing this type of thing in the telecommunications industry. They will need to talk to the account holder before adding any lines.

8. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

The nice folks at AT&T will be pleased to hear that at last someone is "Hot to open an att account". I don't think they get that too often :D

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Reading this thread is making me HOT, so I might as well head over to the AT&T Store just down the street, here in Palm Springs, CA, where it's scheduled to reach 115º in the shade....:eek::eek::eek:

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I was wondering if anyone was ever going to jump on that. :)

11. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

LOL!!

To the OP. AT&T requires the account holder to be there. Example: My dad cannot (tried) go and add another line or buy a subsidized phone on my moms account even though they are married.