Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acidfast7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
EU
Any hotel recommendations for staying at LAX for one evening. I won't have a car, so the hotel needs to have shuttle service or be accessible by public transport.

Any designer/boutique hotel suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cost shouldn't be an issue.

TIA.

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
There aren't a lot of boutique hotels all that close to the airport. One exception I can think of is this:

http://www.innatplayadelrey.com/

They don't have a shuttle, but a taxi shouldn't be unreasonable. If you venture out as far as Venice beach, more options become available.

If you're willing to go with a more standard hotel, there's an Embassy Suites and Hilton Garden Inn just south of LAX that are well liked. Both have shuttles. They're also both close to downtown El Segundo, which a nice place to hang out for such a short visit.

Stay away from the Hacienda.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express near LAX for one night and it was pretty good. They have shuttle service (although I didn't use it as I had a car), rooms were nice, there's free breakfast (which was your standard, average free hotel breakfast, nothing special there). It's not boutique, but I'm not sure you'll find such a hotel near LAX.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.